PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) is PMI’s certification for Agile Practitioners. They designed it to demonstrate deep knowledge of Agile principles and methods. So, What is the PMI-ACP?
This video is safe for viewing in the workplace.This is learning, so, sit back and enjoy
The PMI-ACP has a very broad Agile syllabus, covering 7 Domains and a large range of Agile tools.
Domain I. Agile Principles and Mindset
Agile principles and mindset within the context of the project team and organization.
Domain II. Value-Driven Delivery
(4 sub-domains, 14 tasks)
Deliver valuable results from high-value increments for review, early and often, based on stakeholder priorities. Have the stakeholders provide feedback on these increments, and use feedback to prioritize and improve future increments.
Domain III. Stakeholder Engagement
(3 sub-domains, 9 tasks)
Engage interested parties by building a trusting environment that aligns their needs and expectations and balances their requests with an understanding of the cost/effort involved. Promote participation and collaboration throughout the project life cycle and provide the tools for effective and informed decision-making.
Domain IV. Team Performance
(3 sub-domains, 9 tasks)
Create an environment of trust, learning, collaboration, and conflict resolution that promotes team self-organization, enhances relationships among team members, and cultivates a culture of high performance.
Domain V. Adaptive Planning
(3 sub-domains, 10 tasks)
Produce and maintain an evolving plan, from initiation to closure, based on goals, values, risks, constraints, stakeholder feedback, and review findings.
Domain VI. Problem Detection and Resolution
Continuously identify problems, impediments, and risks; prioritize and resolve in a timely manner; monitor and communicate the problem resolution status; and implement process improvements to prevent them from occurring again.
Domain VII. Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
Continuously improve the quality, effectiveness, and value of the product, the process, and the team.
Plus knowledge of a range of Agile tools for:
- Analysis and Design
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning, Monitoring, and Adapting
- Process improvement
- Product quality
- Risk Management
- Value-based prioritization
Which Agile Methodology does PMI-ACP Use?
The PMI-ACP spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.)
Prerequisites for PMI-ACP
- Secondary degree, high-school diploma or local equivalent
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices
- 12 months of general project experience within the last 5 years. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 8 months of agile project experience within the last 3 years
These requirements can change from time-to-time, so do check on the PMI’s website.
The PMI-ACP Exam and CPD Process
The certification exam has 120 multiple-choice questions and you have three hours to complete it.
To maintain your PMI-ACP, you must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in agile topics every three years.
Our Recommended PMI-ACP Courses
Carefully curated video recommendations for you:
- Waterfall vs Agile: The Big Principle at Stake | Video
- How to do a Basic Agile Project | Video
- What is PRINCE2 Agile? …and Does it Make Sense? | Video
- Introduction to Agile Scrum Project Management – with Alexis Allen | Video
And a set of videos that answer the question, ‘What is…
- Agile Project Management?
- the Agile Triangle – Value, Quality, and Constraints
- Lean Project Management?
- What is Agile and Why is it Important to Project Managers?
- Agile Principles: The 12 Keys to Adaptive Project Management
- The PMI’s Agile Practice Guide: What You Need to Know
- Agile Certification: Your Guide to the Large Array of Agile Qualifications
- Agile vs Waterfall: Which one is Right for Your Project?
PMI’s PMI-ACP Resources
What Kit does a Project Manager Need?
I asked Project Managers in a couple of forums what material things you need to have, to do your job as a Project Manager. They responded magnificently. I compiled their answers into a Kit list. I added my own.
Note that the links are affiliated.
Learn Still More
For more great Project Management videos, please subscribe to the OnlinePMCourses YouTube channel.
If you want basic Management Courses – free training hosted on YouTube, with 2 new management lessons a week, check out our sister channel, Management Courses.
For more of our Project Management videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.
For more of our videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.What is the PMI-ACP? The Agile Certified Professional | Video Click To Tweet