One of the commonest questions I get is the Project Management Certification question: ‘should I, or shouldn’t I?’ So, in this video, I discuss the question with Dawn Mahan, of PMOtraining.com.
So, I have a conversation with Dawn about The Project Management Certification Question: Should you or shouldn’t you? And, if so, which PM certification should you go for.
This video is safe for viewing in the workplace.This is learning, so, sit back and enjoy
Dawn Mahan is an experienced Program and Project Manager. She founded and runs PMOTraining.com.
Dawn is a Project Management educator. And her edge is the facilitated simulation events she offers her clients.
By using gamification, she has made the 750-plus pages of the 6th edition of the PMI’s PMBOK guide highly accessible. She has thought deeply and clearly about what matters in PMI’s principal certifications.
That’s why I wanted to speak with her about the wider questions around Project Management Certification in general.
Should you do it?
And if so, which certification is right for you?
PM Certification Questions We Cover
- Do project management certifications matter? – and why
- Who needs a qualification and who they may not be right for?
- What about timing?
- Why might now be the best time to get certified?
- Which certification should you take?
The PMP is one of the most globally recognized certifications and the biggest exam change in its history just happened. And, we’re expecting a new edition of PMBOK Guide this year too. So, Dawn and I also discuss what you need to know.
Get in touch with Dawn Mahan
- Connect with Dawn on LinkedIn or Instagram at: https://linktr.ee/DawnJMahan
- Follow PMOtraining’s new division on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/projectguruacademy
- Grab your tablet and get a 7-day free trial of the ProjectFlo® App at: https://www.pmotraining.com/the-app
Carefully curated video recommendations for you:
- Are You on Track with Your Project Management Career?
- What’s the Next Step in Your Project Management Career? (Ikigai)
- What is the PMI? The Project Management Institute
- Certification for Project Managers – 5 Tips
- What is CAPM? PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management
Recommended content on the OnlinePMCourses website
- Project Management Qualification: Should I or Shouldn’t I?
- 2021 PMP Exam: For Candidates – All the Facts You Need to Know
- PMI Certification Options: Is One Right for You?
- Agile Certification: Your Guide to the Large Array of Agile Qualifications
- PRINCE2 Certification: Everything You Need to Know
What Kit does a Project Manager Need?
I asked Project Managers in a couple of forums what material things you need to have, to do your job as a Project Manager. They responded magnificently. I compiled their answers into a Kit list. I added my own.
Note that the links are affiliated.
Learn Still More
For more great Project Management videos, please subscribe to the OnlinePMCourses YouTube channel.
If you want basic Management Courses – free training hosted on YouTube, with 2 new management lessons a week, check out our sister channel, Management Courses.
For more of our Project Management videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.
For more of our videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.The Project Management Certification question: Discussion with Dawn Mahan | Video Click To Tweet