The PMI-RMP is the PMI’s Risk Management Professional Certification. And Harry Hall is one of the foremost trainers helping candidates prepare for the PMI-RMP. So, we discussed everything you need to know about this certification.
This video is safe for viewing in the workplace.This is learning, so, sit back and enjoy
Harry Hall, PMP, PMI-RMP
Harry Hall is a speaker, teacher, author, and blogger with deep expertise in risk management in enterprises, portfolios, programs, and projects. When Harry left the corporate world in 2016, he started his consulting business – the Project Risk Coach, where he teaches project management and project risk management to project managers worldwide.
Harry is the creator of the PMI-RMP Exam Prep Course, a course aligned with the new PMI standards.
He has worked for the Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company, IKON Financial Services, and General Electric and is a certified Project Management Professional and a Project Risk Management Professional.
That’s why I wanted to speak with him about the PMI-RMP – PMI’s Risk Management Professional Certification.
Discussing the PMI-RMP
- What is the PMI-RMP Certification and who’s it for?
- How does the PMI-RMP fit into the PMI suite of qualifications like PMP, CAPM, & PMI-ACP?
- Why should a Project Manager study for the PMI-RMP certification?
- Who should go for it?
- What do you say to people who ask you the question: ‘should I do the PMI-RMP certification?’
- What can you tell us about the PMI-RMP syllabus and exam?
- If someone chooses to pursue PMI-RMP certification, what is the most valuable advice you would give them?
- What resources do you recommend?
Contact Harry Hall
- Project Risk Coach (website)
- PMI-RMP Exam Prep Course (online course) and a Sneak-a-Peek preview of the course
- Connect with Harry on LinkedIn
Learn More about the PMI-RMP
Book Recommendations for Project Risk Management
- Risk Management Tricks of the Trade for Project Managers (3rd Edition) – Rita Mulcahy
- Risk Happens! – Mike Clayton
- Identifying and Managing Project Risk – Tom Kendrick
- Effective Risk Management – Edmund Conrow
- UNCERTAINTY: Uncertainty Performance Domain: How to Deal with Risk in a VUCA Context – Mike Clayton
- The Standard for Risk Management in Portfolios, Programs, and Projects: Project Management Institute
Selected Videos to Help with Project Risk Management
Carefully curated video recommendations for you:
- Project Risk Management – How to Manage Project Risk | Video
- How to Create a Risk Management Plan | Video
- What to Put in Your Risk Register (Risk Log) | Video
- How to Do Risk Management in Agile Projects | Video
Selected Articles to Help with Project Risk Management
- Uncertainty Performance Domain: How to Deal with Risk in a VUCA Context
- Ultimate Guide to Project Risk Management
- Risk Response Strategies: Full & Revised Roundup
- 10 Step Risk Management Kick-off for Your Project
- The Project Manager’s Guide to Simple Risk Analysis
- How to Build a Robust Project Risk Culture [8 Steps]
- Indispensable Guide to the Sources of Project Risk
What Kit does a Project Manager Need?
I asked Project Managers in a couple of forums what material things you need to have, to do your job as a Project Manager. They responded magnificently. I compiled their answers into a Kit list. I added my own.
Note that the links are affiliated.
Learn Still More
For more great Project Management videos, please subscribe to the OnlinePMCourses YouTube channel.
If you want basic Management Courses – free training hosted on YouTube, with 2 new management lessons a week, check out our sister channel, Management Courses.
For more of our Project Management videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.
For more of our videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.