The new PMP certification exam came into force on 2 January. And the changes are big. So, what do they mean for you? And, what will be the impact of the new PMBOK Guide, due to be published later in 2021?
In this discussion, I have a conversation with Markus Kopko about the new PMP Exam.
This video is safe for viewing in the workplace.This is learning, so, sit back and enjoy
Aspects of the New PMP Certification Exam
I speak with Markus Kopko about…
- The main changes in the new PMP Exam
- How to prepare if you learned under the old syllabus
- What to use to prepare for the new exam
- The impact of the forthcoming PMBOK Guide 7th Edition
- What we expect from the forthcoming PMBOK Guide 7th Edition
My full article detailing the changes in the new PMP certification exam
Markus Kopko is a senior project manager working in the communications industry. He has over 20 years of experience in the profession, and I have known him for the last 4 years. We met because he runs the popular PM Plus website.
I think of Markus as my ‘go-to’ expert on the PMI’s PMP exam. And it seems that PMI also sees him as a real expert: He is on the PMBOK Guide 7th Edition Team and has recently become a PMI authorized trainer for the new PMP exam.
That’s why I wanted to speak with Markus about that new PMP exam – and we may also touch on what he is able to tell us about the forthcoming PMBOK Guide 7th Edition.
PMP Preparation with Markus
Markus is a PMI authorized PMP Trainer (ATP Instructor). He works with our preferred PMP training business, PMPrepCast. So, if you are looking for a first-class PMP preparation and training experience, check-out the PMPrepCast PMP Exam Preparation.
PMPrepCast is an ATP. Full disclosure: OnlinePMCourses is an affiliate with PM PrepCast and we are proud to recommend all their products.
Get in touch with Markus Kopko, PMP
Markus is a:
- PMI authorized PMP Trainer (ATP Instructor)
- Agile/Hybrid Project Pro (PMI MC)
- Contributor to PMBOK Guide 7th Edition
- Founder of www.projectmanagement.plus
- Founder of www.mp4pm.club
Find Markus on LinkedIn
…and on Facebook
Carefully curated video recommendations for you:
- The Project Management Certification question: Discussion with Dawn Mahan
- What’s the Next Step in Your Project Management Career? (Ikigai)
- Are You on Track with Your Project Management Career?
- What is the PMI? The Project Management Institute – PM in Under 5
- What is the PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge)?
- Certification for Project Managers – 5 Tips
- What is CAPM? PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management
- What are T Shaped People?
Recommended Core PMP Content on the OnlinePMCourses website
- 2021 PMP Exam: For Candidates – All the Facts You Need to Know
- Our PMP Roadmap and resource guide to all our free and paid resources
What Kit does a Project Manager Need?
I asked Project Managers in a couple of forums what material things you need to have, to do your job as a Project Manager. They responded magnificently. I compiled their answers into a Kit list. I added my own.
Note that the links are affiliated.
Learn Still More
For more great Project Management videos, please subscribe to the OnlinePMCourses YouTube channel.
If you want basic Management Courses – free training hosted on YouTube, with 2 new management lessons a week, check out our sister channel, Management Courses.
For more of our Project Management videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.
For more of our videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.New PMP Certification Exam: Discussion with Markus Kopko | Video Click To Tweet