If you need an introduction to the PMP – Project Management Professional – certification, there s no one better to give it than Cornelius Fichtner. His training has helped 60,000 people pass their exams.
This video is safe for viewing in the workplace.This is learning, so, sit back and enjoy
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP
Cornelius Fichtner is the founder and driving force behind PM PrepCast. This is probably the most successful learning provider for students preparing for PMI’s PMP, CAPM, and PMI-ACP examinations.
With 60,000 successful students over nearly 15 years, it’s no wonder that Cornelius has prominent place in the Project Management education world. And he is, perhaps, best known for his PMP training and the massively successful PM PrepCast and PM PodCast resources that benefit the community so much.
That’s why I wanted to speak with him about the PMI’s PMP certification.
- Connect with Cornelius on LinkedIn
- Cornelius’s YouTube Channel
- Cornelius’s Book, The 50 PMP Exam Prep Questions Everyone Gets Wrong
The PMP Certification
- What is the PMP Certification, and who is it for?
- How does the PMP compare with the other well-known PMI qualifications: CAPM and PMI-ACP?
- What do you say to people who ask you the question I get so often: ‘Should I do the PMP certification?’
- If someone does choose to pursue PMP certification, what is your most valuable advice?
- What changes do you foresee on the horizon?
- Is there any final advice?
Get the PrepCast Products for CAPM, PMI-ACP, and PMP Certification
- PM PrepCast for PMP – 2022
- Premium PMP Exam Simulator 2021
- The PM StudyCoach Guidebooks for PMP
- PM PrepCast for CAPM
- Agile PrepCast for PMI-ACP
Carefully curated video recommendations for you:
- What is a Project Management Professional (What is the PMP)? | Video
- New PMP Certification Exam: Discussion with Markus Kopko | Video
- How to Pass Your PMP Exam [Project Management Professional] | Video
- What is CAPM? PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management | Video
- What is the PMI-ACP? The Agile Certified Professional
- Mike’s PMP Study Guide and Exam Prep Resource Kit
This is Mike’s premium resource kit for PMP candidates
- I Want to Study for Project Management Professional (PMP)
This is Mike’s Study roadmap and free resources
Agenda to Our Conversation about PMP Certification
- 00:00 – Cornelius Fichtner, PMP – founder of the PM PrepCast
- 00:54 – Introduction to the PMP – Project Management Professional
- 01:09 – What is the PMP Certification and who is it for?
- 04:40 – How does PMP differ from CAPM and PMI-ACP?
- 04:57 – CAPM – Certified Associate in Project Management
- 08:08 – PMI-ACP – Agile Certified Practitioner
- 09:15 – Mike’s take on CAPM
- 09:42 – The question: ‘Should I do the PMP exam?’
- 12:31 – The PMP commitment level
- 12:55 – Fast-tracking your PMP preparation
- 14:16 – Interpreting certification experience requirements
- 15:11 – PMP for non-US Project Managers
- 16:38 – What is your best advice for PMP candidates?
- 19:55 – What level to aim for as a score on a simulator to show you are ready
- 21:48 – Using your PMP exam simulator
- 23:42 – The two different types of exam simulator
- 27:27 – What are some of the changes you foresee?
- 32:24 – Cornelius’s second vital tip…
- 37:13 – The PM PrepCast
- 45:51 – Close
What Kit does a Project Manager Need?
I asked Project Managers in a couple of forums what material things you need to have, to do your job as a Project Manager. They responded magnificently. I compiled their answers into a Kit list. I added my own.
Note that the links are affiliated.
Learn Still More
For more great Project Management videos, please subscribe to the OnlinePMCourses YouTube channel.
If you want basic Management Courses – free training hosted on YouTube, with 2 new management lessons a week, check out our sister channel, Management Courses.
For more of our Project Management videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.
For more of our videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.Introduction to the PMP Certification (Project Management Professional) with Cornelius Fichtner Click To Tweet