Can AI help us make better decisions? Especially in the context of selecting Project Portfolios. I discuss the intersection of Decision-making, Portfolio Management, and Artificial Intelligence with Stuart Easton, as part of my Year of Artificial Intelligence in Project Management.
This video is safe for viewing in the workplace.This is learning, so, sit back and enjoy
Stuart Easton, CEO of TransparentChoice
Stuart Easton is the founder and CEO of TransparentChoice. He is on a mission to help PMOs to make high impact decisions faster with decision science techniques. Clients include the US House of Representatives, Suzano, and McCormick.
He is also a guest lecturer on project prioritization at the University of Oxford, and speaks at various PMO conferences and events. He focuses on how PMOs can deliver strategic value, identify waste, and eliminate pet projects.
TransparentChoice helps project portfolio leaders select the portfolio that will add maximum value to the business. And now, Stuart and his team are working on new iterations of their product that are powered by Artificial Intelligence.
That’s why I wanted to speak with him about Decision-making AI for Project Portfolios.
Getting in Touch with Stuart Easton
- The importance of robust decision-making in the project environment?
- ‘Let machines do what they are good at, and let people what they are good at.’ What does this mean by this in the context of Artificial Intelligence?
- How AI helps with optimization and decision-making.
- Stuart Easton’s 3 types of AI application and the different types of AI tech.
- What’s next? What AI solutions are a little further down the line, and how Project Managers should be preparing ourselves for the challenges and opportunities this all offers.
Artificial Intelligence & Project Management
Artificial Intelligence is here. What does it mean for Project Management and Project Managers?
This Professional Briefing includes a host of specially prepared resources:
- Full edited video webinar
- Decode the Jargon Glossary of 60 critical AI terms
- Reading and Viewing Lists
- Checklists of questions to answer and things to do
- Bonus PMTQ briefing
- Early access to all my AI content (including expert interviews)
- Contribute to and benefit from community discussion and recommendations
Recommended Videos to Help with Portfolios, Decision-Making, and AI
Carefully curated video recommendations for you:
- What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)? | Video
- How will Artificial Intelligence Impact the PM Profession?
- How can AI Transform Project Management? | Video
- Can AI Really Predict Project Outcomes?
- Briefing: Artificial Intelligence & Project Management
- What is Project Portfolio Management? | Video
- Project Portfolio Management: How to Craft a Portfolio in 5 Steps
- Better Decision-making and More Robust Choices – Top 10 Tips
Recommended Articles to Help with Portfolios, Decision-Making, and AI
- How AI Knowledge will Help Your Project Management Career
- Your Essential Guide to How to Make Robust Project Decisions
- Rapid Project Decisions: Do You Know How to Make them with Confidence?
What Kit does a Project Manager Need?
I asked Project Managers in a couple of forums what material things you need to have, to do your job as a Project Manager. They responded magnificently. I compiled their answers into a Kit list. I added my own.
Note that the links are affiliated.
Learn Still More
For more great Project Management videos, please subscribe to the OnlinePMCourses YouTube channel.
If you want basic Management Courses – free training hosted on YouTube, with 2 new management lessons a week, check out our sister channel, Management Courses.
For more of our Project Management videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.
For more of our videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.