Welcome to our short Beginner's Guide to Project Management.
It's not really for dummies, or for idiots. Because that's not who you are. But there's no shame in being a beginner: we all started at the beginning!
In this lesson, I'll introduce you to all the basics a beginner project manager needs. We'll cover:
- 1What is a project, and what is project management?
- 2The two sorts of project management: 'traditional', predictive or planned PM and 'agile', adaptive PM
- 3- 'traditional', predictive or planned PM - 'agile', adaptive PM
- 4The Project Lifecycle of a planned project
- 5The core concept of all project management (traditional and agile)
- 6The eight steps in a predictive project - and the core skills of any project
This video won't make you into a fully-formed project manager. But it will give an absolute beginner all the basic information you need to get started.