Welcome to our Beginner’s Guide to Project Management. It’s not really for dummies, or for idiots. Because that’s not who you are. But there’s no shame in being a beginner: we all started at the beginning!
This video is safe for viewing in the workplace.This is learning, so, sit back and enjoy
In this video, I’ll introduce you to all the basics a beginner project manager needs.
- What is a project, and what is project management?
- The two sorts of project management:
- ‘traditional’, predictive or planned PM
- ‘agile’, adaptive PM
- The Project Lifecycle of a planned project
- The core concept of all project management (traditional and agile)
- The eight steps in a predictive project – and the core skills of any project
This video won’t make you into a fully-formed project manager. But it will give an absolute beginner all the basic information you need to get started.
So, what next?
This site has a lot of videos that pick up on topics we’ve covered here, in more detail. And, you’ll also find plenty more free material, as well as low-cost introductory courses, and fully comprehensive training programs.
Are you a manager, who needs to pick up the basics of project management?
If you enjoyed this video, and want similar content, but in a written form, check out this article: ‘Project Management for Managers’
Some videos suggested in this one or that are particularly relevant:
- What is
- What is the PMBOK?
- What is
- What is the Project Manager’s Iron Triangle?
- What is Project Scope?
- What are
- Project Planning Process – How to Build Effective Project Plans
- What is Agile Project Management?
- What is Scrum?
- What is Kanban?
Our Extremely Handy Guide to learning about Project Management
This will signpost you to all our best resources, free and paid…
For more of our videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.Beginner's Guide to Project Management | Video Click To Tweet