PRINCE2 is one of the best-known Project Management methodologies. It is highly flexible, and offers two levels of widely-recognized certification. I discuss it with Frank Turley, ‘the PRINCE2 Guy’.
This video is safe for viewing in the workplace.This is learning, so, sit back and enjoy
Our Discussion of PRINCE2
- What is PRINCE2?
- Who is it for?
- How does the methodology work? (and the main features of what it does)
- What is the certification process?
- Frank’s tips for each exam
- 00:00 – Frank Turley
- 00:51 – What is PRINCE2?
- 03:13 – What Project Managers and types of projects is it appropriate for?
- 04:26 – PRINCE2 Agile
- 05:38 – PRINCE2 and governance
- 07:03 – The key features – Processes
- 09:03 – The key features – Principles
- 11:12 – Clash between one of the Principles and Agile
- 12:23 – The expression ‘think outside the box’
- 13:16 – Definition of Done
- 13:56 – The key features – Themes
- 15:36 – Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2
- 16:12 – Who are PeopleCert?
- 17:50 – How does certification work?
- 19:56 – The Management Plaza PRINCE2 training programs
- 21:49 – Management Plaza Practitioner Course
- 23:14 – Pre-requisites for PRINCE2 Practitioner
- 23:42 – PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner?
- 24:51 – The right reasons to take the Practitioner certificatio
- 26:03 – Alternative learning
- 26:44 – Top tips for people wanting to study PRINCE2
- 28:10 – Getting in touch with Frank Turley
- 29:07 – Close
Alternative Pre-requisites for PRINCE2 Practitioner
- PRINCE2 5th Edition (Foundation or Practitioner) or 6th Edition (Foundation)
- Association for Project Management (APM) certifications
- PMQ: Project Management Qualification
- PPQ: Project Professional Qualification
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certifications
- PMP: Project Management Professional
- CAPM: Certified Associate in Project Management
- International Project Managment Association (IPMA) Certifications
- CPD – Certified Projects Director: IPMA Level A®
- CSPM – Certified Senior Project Manager: IPMA Level B®
- CPM – Certified Project Manager: IPMA Level C®
- CPMA – Certified Project Management Associate: IPMA Level D®
Frank Turley has 14 years’ experience in Project Management. But he now focuses on helping aspiring project managers learn the craft and gain practical experience. He does this through his writings, project case studies, and innovative ways of teaching PM methodologies.
Frank is co-creator of P3.express – a lightweight approach to project management that makes project management practical and easy to teach, learn, and use. He is also a trainer for PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner courses – among others.
Essential Links concerning PRINCE2
- Management Plaza PRINCE2 training
- Management Plaza Home Page
- Frank on LinkedIn
- The PRINCE2 handbook, Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2
Carefully curated video recommendations for you:
- Getting Started in Project Management – with Frank Turley | Video
- Management Plaza PRINCE2 Course Review: How Good is it?
- What is PRINCE2 Agile? …and Does it Make Sense? | Video
- A Short History of Project Management: Project Management Timeline | Video
- Frank’s video, PRINCE2 Timeline and Product Map – An overview of a complete PRINCE2 project
Our Written PRINCE2 Resources
- Our Roadmap and Resource Guide: I Want to Study for PRINCE2
- PMP or PRINCE2? Unraveling the Knot
- PRINCE2 Certification: Everything You Need to Know
- What’s Up With PRINCE2 2017? Get Up-to-date
What Kit does a Project Manager Need?
I asked Project Managers in a couple of forums what material things you need to have, to do your job as a Project Manager. They responded magnificently. I compiled their answers into a Kit list. I added my own.
Note that the links are affiliated.
Learn Still More
For more great Project Management videos, please subscribe to the OnlinePMCourses YouTube channel.
If you want basic Management Courses – free training hosted on YouTube, with 2 new management lessons a week, check out our sister channel, Management Courses.
For more of our Project Management videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.
For more of our videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.An Introduction to PRINCE2 with Frank Turley, 'the PRINCE2 Guy' Click To Tweet