The Agile Triangle is the equivalent, in Agile Project Management, of the better known Iron Triangle.
This video is safe for viewing in the workplace.This is learning, so, sit back and enjoy
The Iron Triangle
In traditional Project Management, we have the Iron Triangle of Time, Cost, and Scope – or, in the UK, of Time, Cost, and Quality
- See our video on the Iron Triangle
Agile practitioners assert that, for traditional projects, scope tends to be fixed – or at least prioritized. Time and cost are mutable – the project will add time and budget to achieve scope objectives.
As an aside: this isn’t true. We have:
- Time driven projects
- Budget driven projects
In Agile, practitioners assert that the triangle is the other way up:
- Scope is more mutable
- The project works with fixed duration and budget sprints
But this is not the Agile Triangle…
The Agile Triangle
- The triangle of Value, Quality, and Constraints
Constraints means the Time, cost, scope triangle.
Agile puts its focus on releasing value and quality to users, and therefore working to weaken the constraints of time, budget, and scope.
- By value, we mean ‘what stakeholders want, need, and expect. This means releasable and usable features.
- And, by Quality, we mean reliability and compliance of those features.
So, the Agile triangle is a revised statement of three things we need to trade-off against one another to optimize our project performance.
Not so very different!
Carefully curated video recommendations for you:
- What are Project Objectives?
- What is the Primary Project Hierarchy?
- We have a whole Agile Project Management Playlist in our Free Academy of Project Management
- But you may want a quick answer to What is Agile Project Management?
What Kit does a Project Manager Need?
I asked Project Managers in a couple of forums what material things you need to have, to do your job as a Project Manager. They responded magnificently. I compiled their answers into a Kit list. I added my own.
Note that the links are affiliated.
Learn Still More
For more great Project Management videos, please subscribe to the OnlinePMCourses YouTube channel.
If you want basic Management Courses – free training hosted on YouTube, with 2 new management lessons a week, check out our sister channel, Management Courses.
For more of our Project Management videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.
For more of our videos in themed collections, join our Free Academy of Project Management.What is the Agile Triangle - Value, Quality, and Constraints | Video Click To Tweet